2017 Children’s Village T-Shirt Competition Registration
Mother Khadijah Farrakhan Children’s Village is launching its first t-shirt design competition. The competition is open to youth ages 5 – 18 years old. STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) & Hip-Hop is theme for next year’s Mother Khadijah Farrakhan Children’s Village. Contestants are invited to submit one original print design using the theme STEAM & Hip-Hop as a design inspiration. The deadline for submission is November 30, 2016. Judges will select a first and second place winner. The first place winner will receive a cash prize and their design will be used as the official t-shirt for Mother Khadijah Farrakhan’s Children’s Village taking place February 17-18, 2017. All attendees of Mother Khadijah Farrakhan Children’s Village will be asked to wear this t-shirt on Saturday, February 18, 2017 while at the event. The second place winner will also receive a cash prize. Both designs will be featured on the Children’s Village Youth Connection online store. Both winners will be asked to take a photograph with Mother Khadijah Farrakhan at the event.
- All submissions must be either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title T-shirt design competition or submitted online at www.childrensvillageonline.org and must contain the entrant’s name, date of birth and email address,
- The file format must be pdf, jpg or tiff
- Designs must be original artwork and therefore copyright must be owned by the entrant submitting the design. Children’s Village Youth Connection will not take responsibility for copyright infringement.
- By submitting designs to this competition, entrants are granting permission to Children’s Village Youth Connection to produce and sell t-shirts created from their design.
- A judging panel will select two winning designs from all entries. A first place and second place winner will be selected.
- The cost of production and sales of the winning t-shirt designs will be met by Children’s Village Youth Connection. The winning entrants have no recourse to payment. A t-shirt will be awarded to each winning entrant and their design will be promoted through the Children’s Village Youth Connection media channels.
- The t-shirt design can include up to four colors. It must include the words Mother Khadijah Farrakhan Children’s Village and address this year’s theme.
- The deadline for submission November 30, 2016. No entries will be accepted after this date. The judges will decide the winning entries in November and the t-shirt production will commence in December. Exact dates will be confirmed once the winning entries are chosen.